Unpolished Gem

Thursday, July 14, 2005

Finally some pocket money!

It's so weird how kids just a few years younger than me are calling me Miss Toh! So nostalgic going back as a teacher, going into the staff room, seeing the same familiar faces, every part of the school still smells the same, the canteen, corridor, classrooms, toilets. I was just like one of them! ... how time fries.

Some of them were so nice to thank me after Bio prac ... yeah, thank me for sitting through 100 mins of their lesson. Spent 300 mins in the Lab today, think i smell of leaves, seeds and chlorophyll. Spent most of the time reading my Digital Fortress though( the ever slack relief, hiaks). How to bear watching 3 classes disecting leaves and fighting each other with scapels?

Anyway, tomorrow will be my last day back for relief for the week hopefully, and i have to TEACH Bio, as in really stand at the white board to teach, honestly, how many will listen? I should just give them free time right, they are happy, so am I! Why not? But i don't have a choice! Dang... Long time since i sat at my table to study, and I was really determined to get my brain juices stimulated with facts on the heart and genetic engineering. Maybe i should go prepare a speech to bring to class, but that would be so loserish, but i'm not prepared to malu myself infront of the kids. So how?

In other recent news, okae not that recent since i last updated half a month ago, finally received confirmed news on my hostel allocation! Sleeping in a twin room in the hostel nearest to school with NO canteen but good cooking facilities. Means i gotta cook cook cook! So dead!!! I HATE cooking! I mean haven't even tried it but you know how creative you have to be to be a good cook, and i'm so lazy to even think about preparing my own meals. I need to hire an in-house chef. Boohoohoo. I actually think i need to be forced to learn how to cook, like hold a gun to my head or something. And in bad news, didn't secure the funds from the financial support office, think i submitted my application too late, but i will never know the real reason why i was rejected. So, tough luck there.

I think Heaven has a way of playing us out. My mother usually buys 4D every week faithfully although in small amounts while my father has never been in favour. Anyway, the point was that, yesterday when we didn't buy. My sister's car plate came out! Like WTH... couldnt believe it! And my mother was still warning not to regret not buying because she was sure that either my father or my sister's car plate will come out and true enough! I still don't believe this! Perhaps, the Gods are telling us to GIVE it up. We're just not fated!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home