Unpolished Gem

Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Come, let's bitch about the weather. Have I told you how I would always curse under my breath as i walk back home from school. Even though it's just a short 10 minute walk away. Yeah, i've been cursing for months, and i don't think i will stop cursing anytime soon. Check.. weather forecast for next 5 days.. is still.. what -1 to 6 degrees. NO!!! Check, Barcelona is 14degrees today. Ah, now i feel like going to Spain cos France is still so cold. NO!!! This is not happening!

Come, let's bitch about my pro-Singaporeanism. I wouldn't say it's a bad thing but I just realize I have practically zero foreign friends except for those in my IR class. IR rocks... see, studying international relations gives you international friends. Yeah, I was slapped in the face at the DPM Wong Kan Seng dinner when one of the guys i spoke to was scolding all those people who knew only Singaporeans. Like OUCH. Which is pretty true anyway. It was quite funny the way he said... "You come all the way here for an INTERNATIONAL education to make INTERNATIONAL friends!" Yeah, he must have said it twice. Spent practically the entire first term settling and adapting and I just heckcared the making more foreign friends part. So guess what my resolution for next academic year is... I'm going to make more foreign friends! Yeah, a resolution even before this term's over. And what is the action plan... I'll go back in June to train my rusty badminton skills again and join badminton next year, knowing how i'll always go back on my words, it is thus the duty of ping,lin,min to play with me. Regardless of how pro you guys are and how lousy i am.HAHAHAHAHA. Or, we could play beachvolleyball, and then see if my volleyball is up to standard. HAHAHAHA. Or... we should just do both!!! YES YES YES? And... pin,lin,min, guess who i heard is coming to LSE next year, i almost did a merlion when i heard it.

Alison was just telling me about how "things have changed" when she went back to Singapore in December... and that was only like 3 months after we left. Sounds so scary, 9 months after having left the beloved island, i wonder what would have changed?

I need a haircut. The ends are flying in all directions, dried and frayed. It's bad. Soon Soon. Maybe Friday.

And... the theme of last week was food. Emiley is such a great cook. Her bbq chicken is to die for, let me recap what we had... sambal egg, bbq chicken, mixed veg, gado gado, braised fatless pork, and tiramisu for dessert. Oh Oh Oh... Oooh, gasp! Fantastic stuff. I wish i could cook well too! You need passion for cooking i realize, where's the passion? And yes, i just got the recipe for the hwachong night truffle, sounds tough, but oh, it's just so nice. I'm gonna try it, one fine day. SPL dinner was just OKAE. Like i wouldnt pay that amount of money for that kinda food, but it's free so who cares? ;) And of course DPM, i was stuck with the PMO for so long, and a whole bunch of psc scholars talking to him about the civil service, like BOO!! I dont' care, just give me my laksa and char kway teow. Yeah, i was salivating as i watched EVERYONE around me holding mountain heapload of food on their plates. In the end, i didn't have time for a second helping of the laksa. BOOO! It was so funny, i was telling my mother that i paid 6pounds for a bowl of prawn mee at chinatown and she nearly fainted. Yeap, that's a really faint spell inducing price. I just can't boast about the Beach Road prawn mee enough.for $5, you get HUGE prawns, wonderfully tasty soup, generous serving of chalots and chilli. and a separate serving of ngoh hiang and lime juice to go with it. Oh, the $5 is only for the noodle. But wow, it's really THE best, i swear.

Theme of this week is ... theatre. Friday will be Asian boys, and Saturday will be ROJAK. Rojak better be good, I'm paying so much just to support Marvin. Monday shall be Les Mis, ooh, finally, i can't wait! And the holidays beckon. I just wrote down a whole list of things I wish would happen, oh, how i wish they will ALL happen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home