Unpolished Gem

Thursday, December 08, 2005

Mummy always tells me, nothing has changed at home so you don't have to miss home. But sometimes, all you crave for is that bit of familiarity. Everyone going home is glowing, radiating, and then i would imagine myself back home in the hot weather, eating my favourite prata, reading The Straits Times, watching 9 o'clock drama serials, going to Orchard Road. I want to eat the ma3 ti2 shu1 and drink the teh tarik at far east square, I miss home cooked food like good ol' steamed pomfret, kangkong, sweet and sour pork, mayonnaise prawns etc etc etc I want to go out with YOU GUYS again, play badminton, shop etc etc. But really, reminding myself that it's going to be a very short three years, and it's not every day you get to be in London, it's important to keep yourself happy! It hasn't been easy but i know home is always just a phone call away. You know, i'm imagining June 18 next year when i finally touch down at beloved Changi, i'll be so happy, i'll jump into papa's arms and scream and cry. Yeah, going to make another big hoo hah at the airport. Haha.

Just found one more thing to do during the hols. Watch the Nutcracker... heard that you can get cheaper tickets if you queue up on the morning of the performance. Hmm, and mummy insists that i eat the ''sticky red date pudding with something somehthing topped with haagen dazs vanilla ice cream'' at this EX restaurant at Covent Garden because somebody wrote in the papers that it's the best thing she has eaten ever. So, hmm. But i think i'd rather go to Rendezvous.

The switching of rooms has been bugging me,this girl came to view the room just now, did u know? Was so excited when she called me to say she's interested that i LS... oops. Yeah. But it didn't work out, she gave some crappy reason. And then mummy was asking me, are you sure you want to move out? (Though i don't have a choice now) This hall that i'm staying in is a great hall for location and facilites. If i've lived through it for one term, it's just another one and a half more terms to go. Besides, i'll be alot more busy next term cos of rehearsals and i just agreed to be emcee for Hwachong night(gasp!) and somemore i'm going to join one society/sport and do abit of volunteering and i'm taking part in this business competition, the time spent in the room should be much less and i can always escape to school during the weekends to do work if i want. So therein lies the question, should i move. Hmmm... i'm the only idiot facing this problem lah. I could apply to intercollegiate halls at the end of December when there would most probably be movements. Okae, don't think about it, dont think about it. When the time comes, i'll know. I'll have the whole room to myself soon. I'm going to Italy soon, i'm throwing all my books and leaving!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home