Unpolished Gem

Tuesday, August 16, 2005

I have a mammoth at home

It's been a looong time since i found the courage to sit down at the computer and type. Sure does take alot of self-discipline to maintain your own blog, way easier to go read others right? Hell, i don't even know where to start, what to say, in what order. Bah, so pardon me for the incoherentness.

I hate pop-ups to no end. Does anyone get this irritating pop-up that says something like " This call is premium-rated. You will be charged at international rates. Do you want to continue?" Usually, what we do is we click NO. But, in my haste, i clicked YES. Dang. My internet connection at home is screwed now! How ironic, updating in school now with lots of students behind me, i hope they're not peeping or something, so embarrassing! Thank goodness DIGITAL LIFE featured something on banishing pop-ups today and i have to try to restore the internet connection. (oh man, a student just plomped herself next to me, don't know how to respect teacher's privacy is it? geee...) I've been pretty lucky to get a consistent calling-up for relief teaching, yes Huimin, Thank you, earning my keeps. Speaking of which i have to teach LIT later, very funny! Merchant of Venice was enjoyable, the pound of flesh was like the highlight of the play, never figured out why people in those days were so barbaric?!?!

Anyway, The mammoth i'm talking about is the HP laptop. Just got it yesterday. At first glance, it looks pretty okae. And then i start carrying it around like a pizza boy, swinging it( you know testing the toughness) and realize it weighs a tonne. After loading the battery, fitting all the cables into the laptop bag, i couldn't carry it like a pizza boy anymore! What am i doing with this hairless mammoth! The price you pay for getting a cheap laptop. Was looking at the sleek Fujitsu ones in the papers today and awwww.... the jealousy. Speaking of which does anyone know how Skpe works? Or how to get your laptop connected to the internet? Ethernet cable?I'm brainless at these kinda things!

The outrage! My contacts split in my eye again! One of these days, i'm gonna end up getting my eyeballs cut. And the lenses are only 1 week old. And then i got this eyelash stuck in my eye overnight, woke up and couldn't open my eye cos it was glued together by eye residue/deposits( what a nice way to put it, trying to sound less crude than my usual self k... otherwise known as eye shit... hahah) Almost wanted to cut my eye open! Finally managed to pry it open and then ta-da! A bright red eyeball. EW! Oh yeah, fixed a new pair of spectacles, not sure how to describe the colour though, it's slightly translucent, somewhere between maroon, purple and pink. What colour is that? And my degree went up? by like 75 on each eye. How can this be? I thought it was stable from a long time ago. Lasik next time but it's so scary!!!! (what to do.. so vain! haha)

Can't believe it's mid-August. Slightly more than a month to go. Still haven't really started preparing. Think it's going to end up being a mad last minute scramble. I've been eating loads of local food to last me for the next 10 months, fattening myself up and i still can't get enough of it!
Everyone's so busy in school, learning new stuffs, making new friends, enjoying hostel life, can't help but feel a little lost in my own world. And i do think i've lost the ability to make new friends which scares the hell out of me.

Oh no, the bell's going to ring! See you guys soon!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home