Unpolished Gem

Sunday, May 08, 2005

I did it!

Yes, i finally ran! Such a chore getting my butt off the chair to run. It was such a painful run, i ran till my ear drums hurt. No idea how that happened but i felt as if i lost 5 kg after that run but of course it was useless cos i indulged in my everlasting favourite Tip Top curry puffs, otah, Haagen Dazs icecream, oh by the way, Haagen Dazs is having an offer now, either 2 for $21.90 from Esso Mobil Petrol Kiosk( they stock up an amazing number of flavours compared to supermarkets) or 3 for $25.90 at Cold Storage (flavours are pretty limited to tiramisu, vanilla, chocolate(boring flavours) ) The only time it's worth it to buy Haagen Dazs is when they have offers, else $12.90 for a pint is a little ouch*.

Today is Mothers' Day! ( I'm such a horrible girl, how can food take precedence over Mothers' Day! oops) My mum is one strange one, she dislikes presents (almost close to hating). And flowers are her worst enemies, she'll scream if we buy her flowers. She likes to buy them for herself ( although fake ones) but never if we buy them for her. Can't remember how many times we've been rejected by her so we decided not to get anything this year. And, she appears the happiest. I remember us preparing breakfast for Mothers' Day some years back, armed with flowers( we bought the smallest bouquet in the hope that she'll like it but still she didn't, anw..) and a song session- this chinese song called kan nan xin which my younger sis played on the piano accompanied by my croaking voice-you know how i "can" sing. It was such a hilarious sight, even have the photos (shudders). The breakfast was horrible, the sausage was way too salty, the egg too mushy, the potatoes tasteless. It was bad! But of course my mother said it wasn't too bad for our maiden cooking experience ( imagine how sad she must be that all 3 of her girls can't even prepare anything decent! ).

My mother is also my best friend, i can talk to her about everything and anything at any time and no one understands me more than my mother! She's always open to discussion about anything, gives my sisters and i what we want most of the time, and always very encouraging and always giving good advice and she cooks a mean dish of almost everything from chicken curry, to fried beehoon, to chicken rice to raisin rice to sambal brinjal to pasta to all her different kinds of chillies to brownies to banana and butter cakes. I love her more than anything else in the world and when i leave this September, it's going to be the hardest to part with her :(

In other news, i've booked accomodation for hostel, and please i hope Julie goes too ( that will be if she doesn't get into medicine, no, i'm not praying that she doesn't get into med! Let's just say i hope she decides that Econs is more suitable for her, until then we'll just have to wait and see) Then we can share a room which will be more fun :) It's scary to think that i'm still not absolutely certain where studying Econs will lead me to ( how ironic considering that i couldn't cope with Econs at first and resorted to tuition ) but i think it'll be better than studying engineering here. When i look at the NUS brochures, i wonder if i've made the right choice What's so bad about studying here anyway? It's going to be more comfortable on everyone and it's not as if i won't get the chance to study overseas, i could take my Masters overseas. But no point thinking about all these now because i've made up my mind. And i will never know which would have been the better choice because i'm not going to be able to experience both worlds. Too much thoughts for my head.

I need food. Lunch time!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home