Unpolished Gem

Saturday, April 23, 2005

On turning 19

Wheee! I'm officially a ripe 19-er( according to Sue) and it sounds way OLD. Nowsaday, when i walk on the streets especially Orchard Road, i feel so much older and so does everyone else right, looking at those secondary school kids, i feel so much more in control of my life. Like, old enough to make important decisions for myself, trusting my own judgement although i wouldn't dare say it for clothes and shoes (I always trust my mother's judgement, no wonder i sometimes look Old (yucks!) )

Anyway, i had one helluva time trying to look for my own present (blushes) with Mich, i swear i've seen enough of Mango to last me for the next 2 to 3 months, in fact i feel nauseous thinking of the number of times we visited different Mangoes. I spent my birthday with them today at the zoo, we're FRIENDS OF THE ZOO! Had interesting lessons on baboons, we're convinced that they are staging an uprising against human beings looking at the way they faithfully attend "meetings" (possibly to escape from captivity first and then tackling us, we're threatened!). 2 highlights of the day...
1:DONKEY. Should try to post the photo up, never knew donkeys were SO horny. YW the animal lover went to like play with the donkey's ears and stroked its head a little and then Mich followed, before we knew it, the donkey started "shitting"... or so we thought, the "black thing which looks like shit" just kept growing longer and longer and we were so puzzled why it didnt drop? And then enlightenment when " the black thing" just suddenly shrunk when it walked away. How can the donkey be so turned on? YW has such charm... it ain't easy to charm a donkey you know, please raise your hands if you can :) Well done YW. Thinking back, it couldn't have been motion because motion doesn't come out from there! It should come out from the backside!

2. SNAKE : Ever the brave MJ, she led the way through what we thought was the harmless aviary until the end when we were about the leave, a snake appeared on the gate and MJ almost touched it! We screamed in disgust (except MJ who was the closest to the snake), jumped back and MJ suggested going through the gate anyway ( what was she thinking? by the way, she walked through the reptile garden alone because we were too chicken to go with her) and we screamed even more! Ended up crouching all the way back to the entrance of the aviary, screaming along the way, alot of screaming. This is ridiculous, the aviary is in Children's World! Snakes in Children's World?

Felt like tourists in the zoo. The people who visit the zoo are either tourists, families or couples. So we were quite out of place, guess we fell more into the tourists category, we behaved like tourists anyway, wearing our identical visors (so corny!) And i really enjoyed the "Spirits of the Rainforests" show, I love Riau the orang utan and of course, my birthday "surprise", this shiny bronze snake which the zookeeper swung dangerously across my face! Uncalled for :( Anyway, had a great time feeling like a kid again, absolutely necessary.

Ah! My ever wonderful team mates surprised surprised me this year again, where else but at my house s always. You know me being so thick-skinned, always trying to see through their many tricks and decoys but pretending not to know so as not to spoil their plans reallly fell for it this time! and I'm oh-so-touched! They were in cahoots with my little sis and my mother again this year! I guess impromptu surprises work better than carefully planned ones. Haha, and the OREO cheesecake they bought was so delicious ;) Really know how to pamper my fragile stomach right! I'm ever grateful to have team mates as creative as you guys, cheers! Can't wait for more surprises! (Oh no, so thick-skinned again, kidding lah! Really appreciate the expense you'll go to make this surprise a successful one)

Just listened to Sarah Brightman's live concert at Royal Albert Hall in London ... On TV of course, she's awesome. I love "Wishing you were somehow here again" and "Music of the Night" from Phantom and her duet with Andrea Bocelli "Time to say Goodbye". That song never fails to give me goosebumps... not in a bad way but in a strangely uplifting way. That is a real TIMELESS classic. Unfortunately, Andrea Bocelli was born with poor eyesight and became totally blind at 12 after a soccer accident, but he has a fantastic voice second to none. I love coming up with my own Italian phrases to sing the song( don't laugh) because i can never remember the words. Oh well, listening to it live just makes me happy.

Been busy busy like a bee these past few days and i'm meeting up with e Sista gang tomorrow! yay, finally havent seen them in a Looong while. I'm supposed to get myself this pair of leather shoes but i couldn't find the design that i like at TAKA! Oh oh, i'm in trouble. Don't worry girls, i'll make sure i find something to buy before we meet tomorrow!

And Mich... i do want to hear his voice! Especially since he complimented me (winks*)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home